Water Softener Specialists
Sales, Rentals, Trade-in's, Repairs
and Salt since 1982
Tel 01672 497272
Mon to Fri 8:00-17:00
Add to Favourites
Visitor feedback is offline during current website upgrade.
In the meantime we welcome visitor feedback via the general contact form here
43. Mr and Mrs Cavanagh,Salisbury Wiltshire, I could not recommend Ensign enough. Their service is of the highest standard the engineer was proficient, courteous and clearly focused on customer satisfaction and we are 110% happy with the work done.
42. Marilyn Reynolds,Newbury,Many thanks to Dave for updating and giving my 10-year-old softener a new lease of life. His thoroughness expertise and delightful personality are most impressive and a credit to Ensign. Thank you.
41. Chris Sales, Hermitage, having had a softener from your company at our last house we have now decided to have one installed in our new property after receiving a hefty bill to replace a scaled up heat exchanger on our boiler. When the engineer arrived he carried out a full and detailed survey and answered all our questions we have just received a copy of the quote which is very clear and a pictorial page showing remedial works to be carried out by ensign before installation of the softener all in all a very professional service on site and easy to talk to over the phone
40. Steve,Swindon,This business has been professional in all it´s dealings with me and my wife. They consider the customer with great respect. Water Softener was installed despite problems with our Water untility company. I´d be happy to recommend them.
39. Marilyn Reynolds,Newbury,Once again many thanks to Ensign for the installation in my new home and the excellent service. Dave did an amazing job in the limited space. He is so creative and precise, I am very happy with the result.
38. BRIAN NEWMAN,Thatcham,Thank you for your excellent service. The new softener was fitted yesterday 20/04/2017. A very neat job and professional installation from your company. Highly recommended company from our 1st enquiry to completion. Thank you
37. Nigel Russell,Whitchurch,Excellent service from Ensign. Had a problem with a very old softener that originally came from Ensign and got great technical advice and guidance and then everything they promised was delivered on time. Carol in the office and the installation engineer were brilliant.
36. Dave Yearsley,Devizes,Well pleased. Liked the website. Price competitive. Phoned your office couple of times - all polite and straightforward. Fitting fine pipes replaced and the engineer was neat, polite and left things clean.
35. Steve Bielby,Tricketts Cross,Just a quick note to thank all of you at Ensign for such an excellent experience. From our first enquiry to final installation the service and communication has been first class without any pressure to buy in fact we were advised to take plenty of time to think it over) even though I was keen to get going with the install. Brian´s survey visit was quick and very straightforward and he quickly looked at the various options and we came up with a plan that suited us and made sense to all. The install itself by Ollie was first class his plumbing is very neat indeed and he is a very conscientious and tidy worker. The system is up and running and though it´s early days yet, I feel sure we will have many trouble free and Ion free years of service from our softener. Like I said in my email to you after installation, I have no hesitation in recommending your excellent product and services to anyone who falls within your catchment area and we are already singing your praises to our family and friends. A heartfelt thanks to the whole Ensign team, a very commendable service from start to finish from this family run business who ALWAYS put the customer first.
34. Geoff Rush,Curridge,Just had our 20-year-old water softener re-installed after a factory re-build. A huge thank-you Ensign, for your friendly service, excellent communication both written and verbal) and, in particular, for sending us engineer Dave, whose good humour and efficiency was matched by the obvious pride he took in both his work and the company he represented. We would happily recommend Ensign to anyone.
33. Malcolm Allardyce,Harrietsham,I have just got off the phone delighted with the service in re-setting my CMD-11SM Ensign which I had installed in 1998. It was factory rebuilt in 2008 but recently was operating at odd times and using a lot of salt. The superb engineer and the very nice lady took me through the resets calling me back several times with new information. This was not the first time I had sought help and every time the assistance was excellent.
32. Antony,Bracknell,Thank you for putting prices on your website. So many hide the prices behind salespeople.
31. Rob Ashmore,Lydiard Millicent,We had ill-advisedly disposed of a perfectly good 22 year old Ensign water softener to give us more room for kitchen drawers. Its replacement was totally ineffective and after only nine months we turned to Ensign for advice which we should have done in the first place! Locating the new Ensign outside was the answer to the situation and after advice from Brian the installation was completed very neatly and smoothly by the engineer, Dave. We immediately began to feel the benefits - many thanks to all concerned!
30. David White,Bracknell,Just wanted to say thank you again for the brilliant service we have received from everyone at Ensign. Having moved recently we wanted to use your services again as we have had over 20 years of excellent service and smiles to date and you have always been so helpful. Another great installation. All ran smoothly and the softener has been plumbed in beautifully given the tight space available. I would not hesitate in recommending Ensign to anyone who wants a good reliable softener backed up by professional and courteous staff. Well done!
29. George,not given,An interesting site.
28. John Davidson,not given,I refer to your letter to me dated 17th January and wanted to say how much we appreciated the content. The softener was returned to us last Friday and reinstalled and is now working as expected. We thought your customer care and goodwill was excellent and stands out as such in today´s business world. I am happy for the above to be reflected in any testimonial you might want to use.
27. anonymous,not given,Great use of Amazon now at the checkout, makes life much simpler! Had my water softener for around 4 years now and very happy my new house pipes and boiler not being clogged up with limescale. Thank you!
26. Mr Harvey,Chipping Norton,Just writing to thank you all for dealing with my softener problem so quickly yesterday. I am so very grateful and it is now working perfectly. I have had that machine for 26 years and it has given excellent service and has always been looked after by you, both in Newbury and Marlborough.
25. anonymous,not given,Great no nonsense website managed to get straight to what I was looking for. Prices upfront including VAT very helpful and free delivery if I am\r\nprepared to wait...excellent! Shame there are not more sites like yours.
24. Debbie Wayward,not given,Andy sorted out my water softener quickly and efficiently and gave very helpful advice and information. He was courteous and polite. The office staff are the some. It is rare to find such dedication to customer satisfaction in this day and age. Ensign are top of my list!
23. Sophie Bowman,Stoke Row,A big thanks to Andy and Ollie, who fitted our water softener last week. They were very helpful and professional and left the house as they found it. I wouldn\t hesitate to recommend Ensign.
22. Viv The Plumbingbird,Potters Bar,Investigating water softeners and installation possibilities, I feel compelled to say a big THANK YOU to Andy, the Technician, who has given me so much advice and knowledge. I feel confident I can now go back to my client with The exact requirements to meet her needs. Thanks Andy.
21. Mr & Mrs BELLMAN,NEWBURY. BERKS,What on impressive web site easily understood by the lay man. Great service for spare parts very impressed by the knowledgeable stuff at Marlborough Julie) needs a gold star. Thanks for such an efficient service.
20. Mr A Sutton,Didcot,I recently moved house and decided to take my Ensign water softener with me. The removal and re-installation went flawlessly, both technically and from a customer services perspective. The engineer who handled the re-installation Dave) made a particularly tidy job of the piping installation.
19. Karen Wensley,Ascot,Having checked the Web for softener salt,, I found your costs very competitive, even better than eBay! Delivery was made within 5 days. Excellent service and I will be buying again.
18. J.A.H.,(Charvil coincidentally.. ),Re W.M John entry - I think there must be a technical problem with the email somewhere, because I have had outstanding customer service! I´m sure if you give Ensign a call they will go out of their way to help you.
17. W.M John,Charvil,Disappointed with the lack of response to an on-line request through the Newbury factory website. Two days have gone by since emailing for advice and no response from Newbury as yet. Webmasters reply: This is alarming since we always respond the same working day to emails and I have personally checked the email folders and junk filter without any trace of a email with your name. You don't seem to be a past customer of Ensign either. Please make contact again or telephone me and we will help you all we can.
16. Bruce Ginger,Ramsbury,I wanted to drop you a note to express my admiration for all aspects of the way that Ensign do business. From the initial contact, the informative brochure and clarity of pricing, to all the people we have dealt with, your service and attitude has been exemplary. I would wholeheartedly recommend your Company and its products. Please feel free to use my recommendation in your literature if you so wish.
15. Guenter Klas,Newbury,Looking for water softeners, I came across your site. If your company is as genuine as your site: absolute congratulation! Let me do some further research... and let´s see what my final conclusion will be. Anyway: This looks like a very smart business!
14. Bernie and Heather,Swindon,Just thinking about getting a water softener and found your site very helpful, plain speaking and informative. We also liked the fact that you had nothing to hide about the cost, as so many companies do.
13. Chris Poole,Shropshire,What a helpful firm! Excellent advice over the phone helping me to successfully Re programme the lost settings in my water softener timer. Thank you Brian. Will definitely buy from this firm again.
12. Ian,Newbury,Nice guestbook! A good site with plenty of info. I always compare websites to the very successful news.bbc.co.uk for complex information and google.com for simple layout. Although your site is very good - basing navigation on the BBC site would add to your professional image.
11. Gavin Dawson,Guildford,A new customer for salt and you delivered on time and correct location, perfect service.
10. Alex Compton,Southampton,An informative site. It´s good to actually see prices displayed on your site, most companies hide them.
9. Steve Magnum,Fullerton CA,I'm a plumber by trade but most of my work is now in the tradeshow business. I always get calls from builders and contractors to install systems for their new homeowners. Your site will save me so much time by not having to go to my wholesale house. Thank You.
8. Fiona Watson,Trowbridge,Excellent site for domestic water softener info. Only thing I would add is note on use with a Combi Gas boiler. I cannot find anything on their use with these on any site. WEBMASTERS NOTE: Combi/Megaflow boiler references now updated.
7. Mark Rendle,Guildford,A great way to avoid the chore of lugging heavy bags of salt back for the DIY shop. Great convenience. Thanks.
6. George,Basingstoke,Just a quick note of thanks for your salt delivery service. Well done!
5. David Smith,Wantage,Who ever produced this website should be congratulated. Far and away the most informative and best presented site for anyone looking to buy a domestic water softener in the UK.
4. Andrew Dalby,Watford,Please include an idea of running costs in terms of salt. I know it´s probably difficult to quantify but a guide with appropriate warning is surly feasible.
3. Mr Webb,Newbury,Just a note to say thank you for your kind help with my rather elderly water softener. It was most appreciated.
2. Tim,Woodbridge,Very informative and well presented site. Doesn't require a Microsoft browser, thankfully!
1. Tony,Reading,An interesting site!
home . site map . Shop . water softeners . salt supplies . support . contact
about us . search . demonstration . trade-in's . Rent now & buy later . installations
terms & conditions, confidentiality policy and cookies