You are here > Home >
All about Water Softeners homepage > What will it do for me
will an Ensign Water Softener do for me
More Bubbles, Less Soap,
No Scale, No Scum, No Kidding!
Can you picture yourself relaxing in a bath of softened water?
or soap scum, which would you prefer?
Water Softener demonstration here.
||ORDINARY HARD WATER
- Dissolves existing scale
- Prevents any new scale formation
- Much less soap and detergent required
- Extra lather and no soap scum to clean off!
- Scale forms easily
- Existing scale builds up
- Much more soap and detergent required
- Less lather and lots of soapy scum to clean off!
The above summary is not contrived.
It is simply a realistic appraisal of
what you can expect when you fit a salt regenerated ion-exchange water softener
My advice however is to believe nothing until you've seen it for yourself. See a
side by side comparison with two bowls like the ones shown here at the
Marlborough factory showroom. One treated water and one untreated water. Make
the demonstrator show you the difference, side by side. If they can't do that
simple demonstration, don't believe
anything they say!
OF SOFTENED WATER
Extracted from the independent Consumers Guide to Water Softeners by British
- Softened water provides real cost savings in service, maintenance and
replacement of showers, heaters, boilers etc.
- Softened water improves the efficiency of hot water and heating systems -
just 1.6mm of scale build-up in heating systems will cause a 12% loss in heating
- Softened water can save some 50% of washing powder and toilet soap
consumption and similarly cut the use of shampoos, conditioners and cleaning
- Softened water can help certain dry skin conditions such as eczema.
- Softened water saves time - independent studies have confirmed that
considerable cleaning time is saved with softened water.
- Softened water will in time completely remove existing scale deposits in hot
water and heating systems as well as scale around taps and stains in bath and
- Softened water has a clean silky feeling. It makes bath time a luxury
without the need for bath oils or bubble bath liquids.
- Softened water makes hair soft and easy to manage.
- Softened water rinses completely away without leaving scum even after
- Softened water makes laundry brighter, and glasses and dishes sparkle and
- Softened water provides cost savings in service and maintenance of
dishwashers, washing machines, showers and water heaters and extends the life of
- Softened water makes washing the car easier and will reduce streaking and
spotting. Water softeners are installed in nearly all commercial laundries,
kitchens and car washes in the United Kingdom
wouldn't drive a car without a fuel gauge would you? Then why own a water
softener without a salt monitor... (more)